What have you accomplished in your life that you're most proud of?
-I'm most proud of my son and daughter at this point. They are 6 and 8 and they are so generous, kind and smart. I love how curious they are.
How did you feel before you found TrAk?
-Before TrAk, I went to the gym almost every day after I took my kids to school and thought of it as part of my “job” since I don’t work outside the home. Now, I hate missing a Monday-Friday workout! I have grown to enjoy each day of the week (I’m still working on enjoying Wednesday, but I do go). I look forward to going to the gym, even at 5am.
Best Place to travel that you’ve ever been?
- I visited Kawaii when I was 18 to visit my aunt that was living there. It was gorgeous but I did
so many things I’d never done before and haven’t done since. I learned to surf, I rode dirt
bikes, I hiked some stunning trails, I rode on motorcycles and mountain biked down a mountain
one night during a full moon.
What do your kids remind you that it's ok to do?
- My kids remind me that you don’t have to be perfect. Which is great because I’m not! But
they don’t care if I can’t draw or sing on tune or catch every ball when we play as long as I’m
present when we’re playing.
What’s the craziest thing you’ve seen at the gym?
- The funniest thing I saw at the gym was a while ago when I first started going to the 9am
class. The 9am class was wild and loud and fun but I didn’t know the ladies very well at the
time. Coach James was demonstrating a squat for us and as he descended, one of the women
let out a “purrrrrp” (toot sound) right on time and we all died laughing. That’s when I knew I’d
love going at 9am
Which sport/activity would you love to do, but are afraid of?
- I’d love to go scuba diving but the thought of being underwater like that makes me
anxious and claustrophobic
- Princess Bride is my favorite movie. I don’t love comedies and this movie has it all, the
drama, the excitement and the humor. My dad introduced this movie to me before I even got
all the jokes and I still love it.
Best Piece of Advice you’ve ever received?
- What other people think of you is none of your business
At what age were you in the best shape of your life?
- I was in pretty good shape before I had my son when I was 32. I was doing power yoga every
day and eating clean. But I probably wasn’t as strong as I am today. It depends on what you
mean by “shape”. I was a different age when I was my thinnest. And I was a different age when
I felt my best or thought I looked my best.
Words to live by or favorite quote?
- I use a constant mantra of “just breathe”. It is also the name of one of my favorite songs by
Pearl Jam. It gets me through tough yoga classes, TrAk classes, traffic and homework with my
What adventure do you plan to have in the future?
- I’m excited to go on trips with my kids when they’re old enough to appreciate them. I’ve never
been abroad and I definitely want to go with my family.
Favorite book and why?
- This is a very hard question for me to answer because I read a lot. I would say my favorite book is A Separate Peace by John Knowles. I read it when I was in middle school and it was the first book that I loved. It took place in WWII and is about a friendship between 2 boys and for some reason it has always stuck with me.
Something interesting we don’t know about you?
- I don’t know if it is interesting but maybe you don’t know that I grew up in Indiana and
moved to Ohio after I met my now husband, Bob.
What do you like most about being a part of the TrAk family?
- I like how encouraging the environment is. The coaches care if you keep up or kill a workout
and they tell you if you should be working harder. The people care and that makes a
difference to me.
Biggest accomplishment at the gym?
- My consistency is probably my biggest accomplishment. And I go because I enjoy it.