What have you accomplished in your life that you're most proud of?
- -Graduating from the University of Akron with my Bachelor of Accountancy!
If you could take 3 months off and do whatever you wanted, what would that time look like?
- -I would love to travel to Yellow Stone, Iceland and Greece… all with my dog and fiancé.
How did you feel before you found TrAk?
- -Before TrAk I felt sluggish and wanted to change, but just tried (and failed) fad diets and smoothies.
How do you feel now?
- -I feel strong, confident, healthy and much happier with myself!
How has TrAk changed your everyday life?
- -I view food as fuel for my body rather than a reward.
Goals...personal, professional, family?
- -Personally, my goal is to always stay active as I grow older.
- -Professionally I want to use my accounting background to become CFO of a company one day.
- -Family wise, TJ and I are getting married in August 2020, so my short-term goal is to enjoy the rest of my days saying fiancé. Long-term I’m excited to start our next chapter and eventually add to my little family :)
If you were in a band what existing band/group do you see yourself in?
- -Hootie and the Blowfish
Best place to travel that you've ever been?
- -Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and specifically Flora Farms! The location is beautiful, food is amazing, and they adopt stray animals that roam the farm and greet people. Super cool!
What do your kids remind you that’s ok to do?
- -My furbaby Mila reminds me to enjoy living in the moment.
What personal failure has helped lead to your ultimate success?
- -My huge, embarrassing failure was not taking studying seriously, so I only passed 1 of the 4 CPA exams my first time around and haven’t tried taking them again. I thought I’d stay a tax accountant forever, but realizing it wasn’t for me has led to my current position as a controller at a small business. My accounting knowledge has grown tremendously, and I get to expand into marketing and HR, which I never thought I would enjoy. A tough failure has brought me much joy and success.
What’s the craziest thing you've seen in the gym?
- -I’ve seen people jump on the tallest box + a few 45lb plates on top… awesome yet terrifying!
What three people [living or dead] would you go camping with next weekend?
- -My two brothers and late Uncle Myron. My brothers and I grew up hiking the woods and creeks of CVNP with our uncle, and I would love to relive one of those days together. We spent our hikes learning how to throw a knife, listening to my uncle’s stories as a Marine in the Vietnam War and collecting rocks with holes in them found by the water.
Which sport/activity would you love to do, but are afraid to?
- -Definitely gymnastics! I wish I could flip around, but I can barely push myself to try a handstand!
Funniest things you've seen your kid do?
- -My goldendoodle gets the zoomies after a bath and it’s so entertaining every time!
- -O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Best piece of advice you've ever received?
- -Don’t take yourself too seriously.
At what age were you in the best shape of your life?
- -Now at age 25!
Words to live by or favorite quote?
- -“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
What adventure do you plan to have in the future?
- -I’m currently planning our honeymoon to Tulum, Mexico! Super excited to explore the Mayan ruins, and I’ve heard about an awesome spot for snorkeling!
Favorite book and why?
- -The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein. I’ve loved this book since I was very young because it reminds me of my mom.
Something interesting we don't know about you?
- -I have a twin brother who has blonde hair and blue eyes. I’m the better looking twin with brown hair and brown eyes. 😊
What do you like most about being apart of the TrAk Family?
- -It’s easy to wake up early to work out when you get to be with like-minded people who want to also have a better quality of life.
Biggest accomplishment at the gym?
- -My biggest accomplishment at TrAk is still loving to go 3 days/ week since May 2018! Time flies when you’re having fun!!